Dr. Michael Suzman is one of the region's premier plastic surgeons and has directed Westmed Medical Group's Plastic Surgery department since 2002. He has recently been named by US News and World Report as one of the nation's top doctors, and was recently featured on the cover of Westchester Magazine's Best Doctors Issue. He is a graduate of Cornell University Medical College and The New York Presbyterian Hospital's world-class surgery training program. His most common cosmetic surgery procedures include rhinoplasty, facelift, breast augmentation and abdominoplasty. Dr. Suzman and his staff are dedicated to providing you with the highest caliber of care.
Dr. Suzman's office is located in Rye, New York.
Michael S. Suzman, MD
Westmed Plastic Surgery
1 Theall Road
Rye, NY 10580
Phone: (914) 848-8880
Top cosmetic plastic surgery procedures performed:
Body Contour Surgery
Abdominoplasty ("tummy tuck")
Plastic Surgery after Weight loss
Face lift techniques
Wrinkle filling and fat transfer
Skin care and chemical peels
Nose and Chin Reshaping
Plastic Surgery for Men
Before and After Photo Gallery
Commitment to Outstanding Care
"My goal is to provide each patient who entrusts their care to me with the highest level of personal attention, technical expertise and artistic judgment. In our plastic surgery consultation, we will take the time to get to know you and your expectations, desires and concerns. I will outline a care plan that will address your specific needs in order to achieve the natural and refined results you seek. My staff and I look forward to the opportunity to help you attain your plastic surgery goals."
- Dr. Michael Suzman
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Cornell University Medical College, M.D., 1996.
- Tulane University, B.S., Magna Cum Laude with Honors in Anthropology, 1991.
- St. Catherine's College, Oxford, England: Anthropology, History & Philosophy of Science, Fine Arts, 1989-90.
- Chief Resident, Plastic Surgery. Cornell-Columbia Universities Combined Division of Plastic Surgery, The New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, N.Y., 2001-02.
- Resident, Plastic Surgery. Cornell-Columbia Universities Combined Division of Plastic Surgery, The New York Presbyterian Hospital, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, and The Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, N.Y., 2000-01.
- Chief Resident of Trauma, Transplant, Thoracic, Cardiac, Burn and Pediatric Surgery Services, 1999-2000.
- Resident, Department of Surgery, The New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1996-1999.
- Rotating Resident in Surgical Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, N.Y., 1996-2000.
- Director of Plastic Surgery, Westmed Plastic Surgery
- Clinical Instructor in Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Attending Surgeon, The White Plains Hospital Center, The Institute for Aesthetic Surgery and Medicine at Northern Westchester Hospital, Westchester Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Greenwich Hospital, Visting Staff
Honors and Awards
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
- New York Regional Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Dicran Goulian Prize for Academic Excellence in Plastic Surgery, 2002.
- Cornell Prize in Surgery, Distinction for highest performance in surgery, Cornell University Medical College, 1996.
- Lamport Biomedical Research Prize. Cornell University Medical College, 1996.
- American Heart Association Research Fellowship, 1994-5.
- American Medical Student Association/New Physician Magazine Arts Contest Winner, 1991.
- NIH Summer Research Fellowship, 1992.
- Honored by Strathmore's Who's Who for Distinction in the field of surgery, 2005.
- Listed as top plastic surgeon by Essence Magazine, 2005.
- Exam Writer, Plastic Surgery In-Service Examination, Plastic Surgery Education Council, 2005-06.